Saturday HIIT Workout
3 exercises, 5 rounds. Rest after each round but try to do each round back-to-back.
Make sure you warm-up first and have a proper stretch after.
5 Things to love this September
Now September is here, there are so many things to love about the start of Autumn. Yes summer is over but time to look forward to a new season. From walks in the park to the perfect excuse to go out and buy new clothes, there’s plenty to look forward to as the nights draw in.
Here are the 5 things I’m especially loving this month.
- Currently reading Frazzled by Ruby Wax
- Cooking with Harissa Rose paste
- New Running Music Playlist
- Buying posters from Desenio
- Going for walks in Heaton and Armstrong Park
15 Song Running Playlist for Autumn
Autumn is upon us! So I’ve put together a new running playlist for Autumn, hopefully this will motivate me to get my running mojo back!
Whilst, as always, I am lamenting the demise of summer and (by the way) what a fab summer it’s been in the UK I do always look forward to September. Back to School for my children and me, a mass of family birthdays and one final push for me to get running again before the nights start to draw in and all I want to do is snuggle in front of the fire.
For more running playlist inspiration visit my playlist page or check out my Pinterest.
All songs from my Running Playlist are available to download from iTunes or Amazon
My May Goals
I haven’t published a blog since last October! Can you believe it? I suppose work, family and life just took over as these things tend to have a habit of doing and I got out of the habit of posting articles. The towel nearly got thrown in a few weeks ago and the plug pulled but I thought back to when I started my blog, what I loved about it and concluded that all I did was fall out of the habit like we all can do with a lot of things. So here goes, I’m starting things off with my May Goals ……..
- Commit to posting some content onto this site on a more regular basis
- Crack on with sorting the house out; this includes fun stuff like redecorating my bedroom and the rather expensive and boring stuff like rebuilding a porch and re-leading a bay.
- Update my CV; we should all do this regardless of whether we are happy in our jobs or not!
- Run at least two times a week with youngest son
- Revamp my Gym workout for May; got stuck in a rut recently doing the same old thing so putting a stop to that right now!
- Get baking again!
- Make time for my lovely friends including those that I don’t see very often – you know who you are!
- Look to change the look of my blog; maybe it’s time to makeover my website.
There all done! It’s made me realise that I have let a lot of things in my personal life slide so this has been the perfect chance to reflect on things and pull my finger out when it comes to getting things done and making time to enjoy the things that I love doing! Actually I’ve missed this. Sitting down and taking the time to write this, being creative in my own way; so maybe I’ll not be throwing in the towel just yet!
Full Body Compound Exercise Workout
So what is a compound exercise? It’s an exercise that works multiple muscle groups at the same time. Compound exercises are perfect for building strength. Normally my workouts consist of both compound and isolation exercises but I’m strapped for time at the moment so I’ve got this new workout that consists of compound exercises only. For me it’s tough and challenging but it’s building strength and due to the intensity of the exercises I’m only doing this 3 times a week so able to rest more or spend more time on cardio.
I’ve added links if you are unsure of the exercises in this workout but I would only attempt this Full Body Compound Exercise Workout if you are confident in performing them.
Bent Over Row
Stiff Leg Deadlift
I am not a personal trainer or medical professional. All the views expressed are my own. I am an experienced runner and train regularly at the Gym. All of my workouts have been designed to suit my own fitness capabilities and goals but I am happy to share for those looking for inspiration, workout ideas or motivation. Before embarking on any form of fitness programme or if you have any medical conditions or injuries please seek professional medical advice.
10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
I’ll admit it Autumn isn’t up there as one of my favourite times of the year. Summer can seem more of a relaxed affair and with more daylight and sunshine my mood is generally in a happy place. Then its BAAM! Back in to the routine of school and once past Halloween it’s that build up to Christmas. Saying that I do like those first initial chilly mornings, the beauty of Autumn and having the kids back at school has it’s advantages, so ok maybe it’s not so bad? For me when the nights start to draw in, the central heating goes on and my wardrobe switches to boots and sweaters it can be an excuse to start hibernating a little, switch to a stodgy diet and perhaps ease off on the running front.
Developing healthy habits will help to see you through the chillier weather, help to maintain a positive attitude and, fingers crossed, stave off potential weight gain.
Here are my 10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
- If you must comfort eat make it healthy
- Commit to a weekly Workout Schedule and log your progress
- Revamp your running or training gear if you exercise outdoors
- Stay hydrated; the colder weather is no excuse not to drink plenty of water
- No Hibernating! Stay Sociable!
- Make one day a week a Family Day
- Unplug/Go Offline; even if it’s an hour before bedtime
- Eat seasonal produce
- Get outdoors more and take time to enjoy the beauty of Autumn
Let’s see how many I can stick so! What are your health habits for Autumn?
Cardio and Full Body Workout
I’ve recently changed the way I train. In the week it’s mainly free weights and the odd 5km run and at the weekend I now lay off the weights, do some cardio and some form of HIIT. I put this workout together a little while ago and tend to do this on a Saturday morning. This takes about 30 mins. So work hard, work up a sweat then the rest of the day is yours to do with what you want!
If you do use the above workout, let me know what you think. For more workouts visit My Training page.
I am not a qualified Personal Trainer or medical professional.
All the views expressed are my own. I am an experienced runner and train regularly at the Gym. All my fitness programmes and training have been designed to suit my own fitness capabilities and goals but happy to share if you are looking for inspiration and motivation.
Before embarking on any form of exercise or fitness programme or if you have any medical issues or injuries please ensure you seek professional medical advice.
My June Monthly Goals
A little late but here are my June Goals! Website problems; it’s still a learning curve for me. I’ve kind of taken my foot off the gas in terms of this blog, maybe lost a little focus along the way but I still love my blog just feel that other things are taking priority. Work, family; it’s easy to lose focus and get out of the habit of setting time aside to the things you love.
Since making a conscious effort at the beginning of the year set myself monthly goals instead of a list of New Year Resolutions I find I’m actually getting more stuff done and also focusing on allowing a little more time for what I actually want to do.
- Put together a new 15 Minute Full Body Workout
- Make Nutella Cupcakes – Cupcake Jemma is my latest YouTube crush!
- Paint the Garden Fence – oh the glamour!
- Entertain more; whether it’s a BBQ with mates or just drinks Summer is the perfect time
- Run more! No excuses! I need to running motivation
- Switch off from work a bit more; stop checking emails late at night!
- Go meat-free at least twice a week; going to try Basil Avocado Pasta from Nourishyourglow.com
- Get back into a regular blogging routine; read 10 Habits of Successful Blogging by Blog Beautifully
- Start planning California Road Trip 2019; if I don’t plan this trip it won’t happen. I’ve set up a Pinterest Board to keep me motivated.
- Be kind to myself a bit more often; I think most of us fail to do this or don’t consider it a priority
So what are you wanting to achieve this month? If you are in the habit of setting goals each month, remember to include something that you want to achieve as a personal goal.
My Spring 15 Minute Full Body Workout
I’ve lost a bit of motivation lately, hit a wall and not been as motivated to push myself. I’m still enjoying my free weight sessions but want to get the heart pumping a little bit more. So for the last month I have added a new full body workout to my fitness routine.
So firstly, I’ve been hitting the Cross-Trainer. Ok so this is not part of the Full Body Workout I’m posting but for me 15 minutes interval training on the cross trainer is just the ticket to get the heart pumping. Read my post 5 Cross Trainer Workouts To Try if you would like to have a go at HIIT style intervals on the Cross Trainer.
Then I’m then doing the following 15 Minute Full body Workout. 3 rounds of 5 different exercises. All exercises in each round are performed back to back with a rest after each round; I generally rest for 30 to 60 seconds but it is entirely up to you. The goal is to preform 3 rounds of this workout within 15 minutes. Don’t worry if you struggle to do this but the fitter you get the easier it will become to complete all 3 rounds. It’s quality over quantity! Please make sure you warm up properly before the workout and try and find time for a 5 minute cool down and stretch after.
I’ve added links if you are unsure of some of the exercises.
DB Bent Over Row
I am not a personal trainer or medical professional.
All the views expressed are my own. I am an experienced runner and train regularly at the Gym. All of my workouts have been designed to suit my own fitness capabilities and goals but I am happy to share for those looking for inspiration, workout ideas or motivation.
Before embarking on any form of fitness programme or if you have any medical conditions or injuries please seek professional medical advice.