5 Things to love this September
Now September is here, there are so many things to love about the start of Autumn. Yes summer is over but time to look forward to a new season. From walks in the park to the perfect excuse to go out and buy new clothes, there’s plenty to look forward to as the nights draw in.
Here are the 5 things I’m especially loving this month.
- Currently reading Frazzled by Ruby Wax
- Cooking with Harissa Rose paste
- New Running Music Playlist
- Buying posters from Desenio
- Going for walks in Heaton and Armstrong Park
My May Goals
I haven’t published a blog since last October! Can you believe it? I suppose work, family and life just took over as these things tend to have a habit of doing and I got out of the habit of posting articles. The towel nearly got thrown in a few weeks ago and the plug pulled but I thought back to when I started my blog, what I loved about it and concluded that all I did was fall out of the habit like we all can do with a lot of things. So here goes, I’m starting things off with my May Goals ……..
- Commit to posting some content onto this site on a more regular basis
- Crack on with sorting the house out; this includes fun stuff like redecorating my bedroom and the rather expensive and boring stuff like rebuilding a porch and re-leading a bay.
- Update my CV; we should all do this regardless of whether we are happy in our jobs or not!
- Run at least two times a week with youngest son
- Revamp my Gym workout for May; got stuck in a rut recently doing the same old thing so putting a stop to that right now!
- Get baking again!
- Make time for my lovely friends including those that I don’t see very often – you know who you are!
- Look to change the look of my blog; maybe it’s time to makeover my website.
There all done! It’s made me realise that I have let a lot of things in my personal life slide so this has been the perfect chance to reflect on things and pull my finger out when it comes to getting things done and making time to enjoy the things that I love doing! Actually I’ve missed this. Sitting down and taking the time to write this, being creative in my own way; so maybe I’ll not be throwing in the towel just yet!
10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
I’ll admit it Autumn isn’t up there as one of my favourite times of the year. Summer can seem more of a relaxed affair and with more daylight and sunshine my mood is generally in a happy place. Then its BAAM! Back in to the routine of school and once past Halloween it’s that build up to Christmas. Saying that I do like those first initial chilly mornings, the beauty of Autumn and having the kids back at school has it’s advantages, so ok maybe it’s not so bad? For me when the nights start to draw in, the central heating goes on and my wardrobe switches to boots and sweaters it can be an excuse to start hibernating a little, switch to a stodgy diet and perhaps ease off on the running front.
Developing healthy habits will help to see you through the chillier weather, help to maintain a positive attitude and, fingers crossed, stave off potential weight gain.
Here are my 10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
- If you must comfort eat make it healthy
- Commit to a weekly Workout Schedule and log your progress
- Revamp your running or training gear if you exercise outdoors
- Stay hydrated; the colder weather is no excuse not to drink plenty of water
- No Hibernating! Stay Sociable!
- Make one day a week a Family Day
- Unplug/Go Offline; even if it’s an hour before bedtime
- Eat seasonal produce
- Get outdoors more and take time to enjoy the beauty of Autumn
Let’s see how many I can stick so! What are your health habits for Autumn?
My June Monthly Goals
A little late but here are my June Goals! Website problems; it’s still a learning curve for me. I’ve kind of taken my foot off the gas in terms of this blog, maybe lost a little focus along the way but I still love my blog just feel that other things are taking priority. Work, family; it’s easy to lose focus and get out of the habit of setting time aside to the things you love.
Since making a conscious effort at the beginning of the year set myself monthly goals instead of a list of New Year Resolutions I find I’m actually getting more stuff done and also focusing on allowing a little more time for what I actually want to do.
- Put together a new 15 Minute Full Body Workout
- Make Nutella Cupcakes – Cupcake Jemma is my latest YouTube crush!
- Paint the Garden Fence – oh the glamour!
- Entertain more; whether it’s a BBQ with mates or just drinks Summer is the perfect time
- Run more! No excuses! I need to running motivation
- Switch off from work a bit more; stop checking emails late at night!
- Go meat-free at least twice a week; going to try Basil Avocado Pasta from Nourishyourglow.com
- Get back into a regular blogging routine; read 10 Habits of Successful Blogging by Blog Beautifully
- Start planning California Road Trip 2019; if I don’t plan this trip it won’t happen. I’ve set up a Pinterest Board to keep me motivated.
- Be kind to myself a bit more often; I think most of us fail to do this or don’t consider it a priority
So what are you wanting to achieve this month? If you are in the habit of setting goals each month, remember to include something that you want to achieve as a personal goal.
New month, new monthly goals for me (sorry bit late posting this). Spring is finally here! It’s lighter in the mornings, days are getting longer and it’s not so hard dragging myself out of bed to go for a run first thing. Spring makes me want to get out more. get more active, get more stuff done!
So far I’ve not done too badly at achieving my monthly goals. Some harder than others but I’ve enjoyed the challenge and the feeling of having achieved something at the end of each month.
- March Fitness Challenge – 30 Day HIIT Challenge
- Be disciplined about making sure I prioritise some time for myself
- Tidy up the garden
- Snack healthily – try these Eat Clean Snacks
- Create a new 15 minute workout
- Get outdoors with my children more
- Put together a Spring Running Playlist
- Go watch Beauty and the Beast (even if it’s on my own)
- Fall back in love with Instagram
- Get ahead with my blog posts and spend a day writing content
Like many people, I guess what I find hardest is finding time for myself and when I do making the most of that time; so that is why I have put this on my list for March.
What goals have you set your self this month?
My February Goals
Ok we’ve got through January, it’s noticeably lighter and spring is on it’s way! January surprisingly didn’t drag as much for me as normal. Ok so I still had no money, other friends were feeling the pinch so no socialising to get rid of the January blues. Setting my own January Goals helped me to focus on things and be more pro-active about getting things done instead of mopping around the house. I consciously made a plan and effort to achieve each of the goals that I set, 10 in total. Some were easy, some were harder and took a while to complete. It’s given me the motivation to carry on setting monthly goals and see what I’ve managed to achieved at the end of the year.
So here are my new monthly goals:
- New Fitness Challenge for the month – Abs and Squats Challenge
- Repost one of my very first workouts (ideal for a beginner), I’ve got loads so why not share?
- Freezer Meal Prep Session – check out these ideas that you can through into your Slow Cooker from livingrichwithcoupons.com and more ideas from smartschoolhouse.com
- Put together a meal plan for my children’s suppers and use it! I’m using a printable meal planner from shesaved.com found on Pinterest.
- Re-think my fitness goals and put a new plan of action in place
- Organise a cinema trip with my daughter and a couple of her mates to see ‘Sing!’
- De-clutter the Living Room (phase 2 of my whole house de-clutter)
- Go Sugar free for February, read this infographic if it all looks a little daunting!
- Revamp some of the images on my Busyfitmama blog
- Create a Photo Gallery for my Kitchen
Looking back to the goals I set for January (read my blog post My January Goals) I’ve noticed that they generally focus on fitness, health, blogging, family and my messy house! I suppose it’s what I’m all about but here’s to hoping the messy house will be a goal I achieve sooner rather than later!
Do you set goals each month? What are your February Goals?
My January Goals
Welcome to 2017! A brand spanking, new year! No more resolutions, instead I’m going to concentrate on monthly goal setting. It might give the opportunity to focus instead of just feeling overwhelmed by what needs doing or what I would like to achieve. My January goals are a mixture of blogging, fitness and home life So let’s just see how it goes!
- Post a new Gym Workout on my Blog
- January Press Up Challenge; 30 a day
- Completely de-clutter, deep clean my kitchen – boy it needs it!
- Get back into a proper sleep routine; if you too are struggling check out this useful Infographic
- Put a new Workout Music Playlist for the Gym; need inspiration checkout my Pinterest Workout Playlist Board
- Begin to look at re-designing my blog; staring with the theme so back to WordPress for some inspiration!
- Re-vamp, update and repost one of my older blog posts
- Get outdoors and take some photos
- Set aside a day to do some baking with my daughter
- Add a new healthy dish to my children’s meal plan; such as these Salmon and Sweet Potato Fishcakes (Charlottes Lively Kitchen) or One-Pan Pesto Chicken & Veggies (Julia’s Album)
What are your goals for January?
My 2017 Goals
Happy New Year! After a hectic 2016, I am excited at the prospect of starting afresh with 2017. There are lots of things I would love to achieve and have lots of plans for 2017. Looking back at 2016, I realise that most of my dreams remained just that. Yes I did achieve a lot, but a lot of that was by chance or out of necessity. This year instead of just dreaming about it I’m going to start setting some goals. I might not achieve them all, they may change. Who knows but at least by goal setting I will get some kind of focus as to what I would like to accomplish in 2017.
Goal setting also sounds a lot more positive than making resolutions; been there, done that! Like many resolutions made on New Years Eve the majority have normally fallen by the wayside in the first couple of weeks of January.
So I suppose I have to start somewhere, here’s what I would like to accomplish for 2017. These are my goals for this year. I intend to break them down over the months so that they become achievable targets. By the way the Dishwasher, for those that know me, is okay maybe not a dream but a bit of a sore point!
What are your goals for 2017?
25 Blogpost Ideas
It can be a bit of a struggle coming up with fresh content for your blog. Sometimes we are all in need of a little inspiration when coming up with Blog Post Ideas, I am no exception to this. Ironically, when I’m not sat at my laptop the ideas come thick and fast. Annoying isn’t it? When this happens I tend to scribble down these flashes of blog genius on whatever piece of paper I have to hand (usually the back of an envelope) or add it as a note on my phone.
So if you are hitting a brick wall of the blogging variety and need to get the creativity flowing then here are 25 Blog Post Ideas to help you out.
Your Fitness Routine
10 Healthy Habits
Favourite Phone Apps
5 Facts about Yourself
Favourite Bloggers at the moment
Share a Workout Playlist
Share your Favourite Recipe
10 best things about where you live
Blogging lessons learnt
Review a product
The last book you read
Round up of the last month’s blog posts
Your favourite Inspirational Quote and why
Follow-up an old blog post
5 Favourite Pinterest Projects
What’s in your handbag
Things that make you smile
A hard choice you have had to make
Must-have beauty items for this season
The meaning behind your blog name
How to start a blog
The beginners guide to …
How do you unwind?
Curate content in your niche
Favourite photo of the week
Hope you find some inspiration from these blog post ideas. How do you find inspiration when the dreaded bloggers block shows it’s face? If you love what you blog about half the battle is won and the ideas will start flowing, just be ready with pen and paper when they do!
My Daughter’s Second Blog Post
Ok, so it’s been a while but life’s busy when you are 10! Anywhoo, my daughter decided to post a Pizza Pinwheel recipe on her blog today. My contribution apart from taking pics was of course the washing up. Still it was nice to see her doing something she loved, being creative and away the ipad for a whole Saturday afternoon.
So from Imogen Online, enjoy the second installment; Easy n Cheesy Pizza Pinwheels Recipe. Easy to make, better to share!