10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
I’ll admit it Autumn isn’t up there as one of my favourite times of the year. Summer can seem more of a relaxed affair and with more daylight and sunshine my mood is generally in a happy place. Then its BAAM! Back in to the routine of school and once past Halloween it’s that build up to Christmas. Saying that I do like those first initial chilly mornings, the beauty of Autumn and having the kids back at school has it’s advantages, so ok maybe it’s not so bad? For me when the nights start to draw in, the central heating goes on and my wardrobe switches to boots and sweaters it can be an excuse to start hibernating a little, switch to a stodgy diet and perhaps ease off on the running front.
Developing healthy habits will help to see you through the chillier weather, help to maintain a positive attitude and, fingers crossed, stave off potential weight gain.
Here are my 10 Healthy Habits for Autumn
- If you must comfort eat make it healthy
- Commit to a weekly Workout Schedule and log your progress
- Revamp your running or training gear if you exercise outdoors
- Stay hydrated; the colder weather is no excuse not to drink plenty of water
- No Hibernating! Stay Sociable!
- Make one day a week a Family Day
- Unplug/Go Offline; even if it’s an hour before bedtime
- Eat seasonal produce
- Get outdoors more and take time to enjoy the beauty of Autumn
Let’s see how many I can stick so! What are your health habits for Autumn?