New month, new monthly goals for me (sorry bit late posting this). Spring is finally here! It’s lighter in the mornings, days are getting longer and it’s not so hard dragging myself out of bed to go for a run first thing. Spring makes me want to get out more. get more active, get more stuff done!
So far I’ve not done too badly at achieving my monthly goals. Some harder than others but I’ve enjoyed the challenge and the feeling of having achieved something at the end of each month.
- March Fitness Challenge – 30 Day HIIT Challenge
- Be disciplined about making sure I prioritise some time for myself
- Tidy up the garden
- Snack healthily – try these Eat Clean Snacks
- Create a new 15 minute workout
- Get outdoors with my children more
- Put together a Spring Running Playlist
- Go watch Beauty and the Beast (even if it’s on my own)
- Fall back in love with Instagram
- Get ahead with my blog posts and spend a day writing content
Like many people, I guess what I find hardest is finding time for myself and when I do making the most of that time; so that is why I have put this on my list for March.
What goals have you set your self this month?
Why try a 30 day fitness challenge?
Have you ever tried doing a fitness challenge for 30 days? This year I decided to make a new list of goals to achieve each month; one of these was to set a monthly fitness challenge. I’ve become a little obsessed with monthly challenges recently, why?
- 30 days is not a great deal of time to invest in a project if it doesn’t work out
- Doing something for 30 days can help to cement a good habit
- A new challenge each month can keep up your motivation and results can be seen in a short space of time
- It can help you develop a more open mind set to embrace change
- You can get a lot done it 30 days; think of doing one each month then that’s a lot of goals you’ve achieved!
So apply this to fitness and you’ve got a great fitness plan for the whole year!
Stuck for inspiration? Then check out my 5 favourite fitness challenges that I have taken from Pinterest.
30 Day Abs and Squats Challenge – this is actually my fitness challenge for February
30 Day Core Strength Challenge
30 Day Sleek Arms Challenge
30 Day Full Killer Body Workout
30 Day Burpee Challenge
Finally you needn’t just have to limit it to a monthly fitness challenge; it can be absolutely anything!
My February Goals
Ok we’ve got through January, it’s noticeably lighter and spring is on it’s way! January surprisingly didn’t drag as much for me as normal. Ok so I still had no money, other friends were feeling the pinch so no socialising to get rid of the January blues. Setting my own January Goals helped me to focus on things and be more pro-active about getting things done instead of mopping around the house. I consciously made a plan and effort to achieve each of the goals that I set, 10 in total. Some were easy, some were harder and took a while to complete. It’s given me the motivation to carry on setting monthly goals and see what I’ve managed to achieved at the end of the year.
So here are my new monthly goals:
- New Fitness Challenge for the month – Abs and Squats Challenge
- Repost one of my very first workouts (ideal for a beginner), I’ve got loads so why not share?
- Freezer Meal Prep Session – check out these ideas that you can through into your Slow Cooker from livingrichwithcoupons.com and more ideas from smartschoolhouse.com
- Put together a meal plan for my children’s suppers and use it! I’m using a printable meal planner from shesaved.com found on Pinterest.
- Re-think my fitness goals and put a new plan of action in place
- Organise a cinema trip with my daughter and a couple of her mates to see ‘Sing!’
- De-clutter the Living Room (phase 2 of my whole house de-clutter)
- Go Sugar free for February, read this infographic if it all looks a little daunting!
- Revamp some of the images on my Busyfitmama blog
- Create a Photo Gallery for my Kitchen
Looking back to the goals I set for January (read my blog post My January Goals) I’ve noticed that they generally focus on fitness, health, blogging, family and my messy house! I suppose it’s what I’m all about but here’s to hoping the messy house will be a goal I achieve sooner rather than later!
Do you set goals each month? What are your February Goals?